Savory Delight: Homemade Pork and Chive Dumplings
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Easy and Delicious: Pork and Chive Dumplings at Home
Pork and chive dumplings are a popular Chinese dish that has gained a global following due to its delicious taste and ease of preparation.
Dumplings are a staple in Chinese cuisine, and they come in various forms, from steamed to fried, with a variety of fillings to choose from.
Pork and chive dumplings are a classic variety that are known for their savory flavor and tender texture.
The filling of the pork and chive dumplings is made by mixing ground pork with chopped chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, and various seasonings.
The mixture is then wrapped in a thin layer of dough and cooked by either steaming, boiling, or frying.
The result is a delicious and flavorful dumpling that is perfect as a snack, appetizer, or even as a main course.
Pork and chive dumplings are a great way to explore Chinese cuisine and are relatively easy to make at home.
Making the dough from scratch can be a bit time-consuming, but pre-made dumpling wrappers can be found at many grocery stores.
This allows for the filling to be made easily and quickly, making it a great option for busy weeknights or when entertaining guests.
In addition to being delicious, pork and chive dumplings are also nutritious. The pork provides a good source of protein, while the chives are high in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Dumplings can also be customized to accommodate various dietary needs, such as using gluten-free wrappers or swapping out the pork for a plant-based protein.
Overall, pork and chive dumplings are a versatile and tasty dish that is sure to please any palate. Whether you're a seasoned cook or just starting out, this classic Chinese recipe is a must-try.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package of dumpling wrappers
- Water for sealing dumplings
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, chopped chives, minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Take a dumpling wrapper and place a tablespoon of filling in the center. Dip your finger in water and wet the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half and pinch the edges together to seal. Pleat the edges if desired. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- To cook the dumplings, there are a few options:
- Steaming: Place dumplings on a greased steamer basket and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Boiling: Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the dumplings. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the dumplings float to the surface.
- Pan-frying: Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the dumplings and fry for 1-2 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and cover with a lid. Let cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the water has evaporated and the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve the dumplings hot with soy sauce, chili oil, or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Dumplings
Source: Marion's Kitchen
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊