Pan-Fried Potato Pie: A Taste of Spain!
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Savory Skillet Potato Cake: Spanish Style!
The Pan-Fried Potato Pie is a delightful twist on the classic potato dish, bringing together the simplicity of pan-frying with the heartiness of a pie.
Imagine tender, thinly sliced potatoes seasoned to perfection and layered with layers of rich flavors.
The beauty of this dish lies in its versatility - you can enjoy it as a hearty breakfast, a scrumptious brunch, or a comforting side dish that pairs perfectly with any main course.
In this recipe, we'll show you the secrets to achieving that golden crust and a tender interior that will have your taste buds singing with joy.
Whether you're a seasoned chef or a cooking enthusiast eager to expand your culinary repertoire, this dish is accessible and easy to master, making it a perfect addition to your kitchen repertoire.
The Pan-Fried Potato Pie is not only incredibly delicious but also highly adaptable.
Feel free to add your favorite herbs, spices, or even cheese to tailor the flavor profile to your liking.
Whether you prefer a classic rendition with garlic and thyme or want to explore more exotic flavors with paprika and cumin, the choice is yours!
As you pan-fry the potatoes, you'll be treated to the delightful aroma that fills your kitchen, enticing everyone to gather around and eagerly anticipate the first bite.
The crispy exterior and the soft, buttery interior create a delightful contrast that leaves a lasting impression on your palate.
- 4 large potatoes (russet or Yukon gold), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or your favorite herb)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or any melting cheese of your choice)
- Fresh parsley or chives for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and cook until they become soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced potatoes to the skillet, spreading them out in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and dried thyme.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let the potatoes cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until they become tender and slightly golden brown. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove the lid and let them cook for an additional 5 minutes to achieve a crispy texture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the potatoes, covering them evenly. You can also add some extra dried thyme or your preferred herbs for added flavor.
- Cover the skillet again with the lid and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the skillet from the heat. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley or chives for a pop of color and added freshness.
- Allow the Pan-Fried Potato Pie to cool for a few minutes before slicing it into wedges.
- Serve the delicious Pan-Fried Potato Pie as a side dish for your main course or enjoy it as a hearty and satisfying breakfast or brunch option.
This Pan-Fried Potato Pie is a comforting and flavorful dish that celebrates the simplicity of potatoes while delivering a delicious and filling experience. It's sure to become a family favorite! Enjoy!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Spanish Recipe
Source: Leckerer Kanal
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest!