Crispy, Crunchy, and Comforting: The Ultimate Patatas Bravas Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Fiery and Flavorful: Elevate Your Tapas Game with Homemade Patatas Bravas
Papas Bravas, also known as Patatas Bravas, is a popular Spanish dish consisting of crispy fried potatoes served with a spicy tomato sauce.
This traditional tapas dish has been enjoyed in Spain for many years and has since become a popular appetizer or side dish in many other parts of the world.
The dish consists of cubed or sliced potatoes that are fried until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The tomato sauce that accompanies the potatoes is typically made with tomatoes, garlic, paprika, chili flakes, and other seasonings, giving it a spicy and bold flavor.
This sauce is what gives the dish its characteristic "bravas" or "brave" name, as it packs quite a punch in terms of heat and flavor.
While papas bravas is a fairly simple dish to prepare, there are many variations and techniques that can be used to make it.
Some recipes call for the potatoes to be boiled before frying, while others suggest using a special type of potato that is particularly good for frying.
The tomato sauce can also be varied depending on personal preference, with some recipes using more or less chili flakes or other seasonings.
Overall, papas bravas is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for sharing with friends or family.
Whether you're looking for a quick and easy appetizer or a flavorful side dish to accompany your meal, this classic Spanish dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
So why not give it a try and see for yourself why papas bravas has become such a beloved dish around the world!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, olive oil, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the tomato sauce. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and sherry vinegar to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the potatoes are done baking, transfer them to a serving dish and spoon the tomato sauce over them. Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the level of spiciness in the dish by adding more or less cayenne pepper to the potatoes and adjusting the amount of chili flakes in the sauce
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Patatas Bravas
Source: Gorka Barredo
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊