Amore in a Bowl: Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Say 'I Do' to our Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
Italian Wedding Soup is a traditional Italian soup that is hearty, savory, and comforting.
Despite its name, the soup is not actually served at Italian weddings but is rather a delicious and popular soup served at Italian-American weddings and other special occasions.
This soup is usually made with a clear broth, meatballs, vegetables, and small pasta like acini di pepe or orzo.
The combination of flavors and textures is what makes Italian Wedding Soup a favorite among many.
The origins of the Italian Wedding Soup are not clear, but it is believed that it comes from the Italian region of Campania.
The soup is also known as "minestra maritata" or "married soup" in Italian, which refers to the combination of meat and vegetables in the soup.
Traditionally, Italian Wedding Soup was made with greens such as escarole or kale, and meatballs made with pork or beef.
However, there are many variations of the recipe, and some people use chicken, turkey, or even vegetarian meatballs.
This soup is not only delicious but also nutritious. The vegetables in the soup provide a good source of vitamins and minerals, while the meatballs add protein to the dish.
The small pasta used in the soup also gives it a boost of carbohydrates, making it a well-rounded meal.
Italian Wedding Soup is also a great option for those who are looking for a low-calorie and low-fat meal, as it is often made with a clear broth.
In conclusion, Italian Wedding Soup is a timeless classic that has been enjoyed for generations.
Whether it's served at weddings, family gatherings, or just on a cold winter day, this soup never fails to warm hearts and bellies.
With its delicious flavor and nutritional value, Italian Wedding Soup is a dish that everyone can enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup small pasta, such as acini di pepe or orzo
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper. Roll the mixture into small meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the meatballs to the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the small pasta to the pot and cook until it's al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach to the pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the seasonings to your liking. Some people like to add garlic or other herbs like rosemary or thyme.
You can also use a mix of ground beef and ground pork for the meatballs. And if you prefer a thicker soup, you can add a slurry of cornstarch and water to the pot after adding the pasta.
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Italian Wedding Soup
Source: NOT ANOTHER COOKING SHOW
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊