Taste the Season: Springtime Succotash Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Simply Succulent Springtime Succotash
Spring is a season of renewal, rebirth and fresh beginnings. It's a time when the earth awakens from its winter slumber and bursts forth with an array of vibrant colors and flavors.
It's also the perfect time to enjoy fresh and delicious spring produce, such as asparagus, peas, and sweet corn.
One delicious and nutritious way to savor these seasonal delights is through a Spring Succotash Recipe.
Succotash is a traditional Southern dish that combines lima beans, corn, and other vegetables. It's a simple and wholesome dish that's perfect for springtime.
A Spring Succotash Recipe is typically made with fresh corn, lima beans, bell peppers, onions, and a variety of other vegetables.
The dish is often seasoned with herbs and spices, and can be served warm or cold.
The combination of fresh and colorful ingredients creates a visually appealing and flavorful dish that's both satisfying and nourishing.
What's great about Spring Succotash Recipe is that it's not only delicious but also packed with nutrients.
Fresh corn is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins B6 and C, and potassium, while lima beans are an excellent source of protein, fiber, and minerals. Bell peppers, onions, and other vegetables add a variety of vitamins and minerals to the dish.
This makes Spring Succotash Recipe a great choice for anyone looking to add more nutritious and wholesome dishes to their springtime menu.
Overall, Spring Succotash Recipe is a simple and delicious way to celebrate the season and enjoy the abundance of fresh spring produce.
Whether you're looking for a hearty side dish or a light and refreshing lunch, this recipe is sure to satisfy. With its vibrant colors and fresh flavors, it's the perfect addition to any springtime meal.
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by shucking the corn and cutting the kernels off the cob. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring the lima beans and enough water to cover them to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until the beans are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red bell pepper and red onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the corn and lima beans to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the chopped parsley, thyme, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with additional fresh herbs if desired.
This Spring Succotash recipe serves 4 as a side dish. Enjoy!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Spring Succotash Recipe
Source: Food Wishes
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊