Slow and Steady Granola Wins the Taste Race
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Set It and Forget It: Slow Cooker Granola for Busy Mornings
Granola is a versatile and nutritious breakfast option that has gained immense popularity in recent years.
It is a mixture of rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, and can be customized to suit individual taste preferences.
While store-bought granola is convenient, it is often loaded with added sugars and preservatives that may not align with a healthy lifestyle.
Making granola at home not only allows for more control over the ingredients, but also offers the added benefit of customization.
However, the traditional method of making granola in the oven can be time-consuming and requires constant attention to prevent burning.
This is where the slow cooker comes in. Using a slow cooker to make granola offers a hands-off approach and allows for even cooking without the risk of burning.
It also has the added benefit of infusing the granola with a deeper, more complex flavor.
Making granola in the slow cooker is incredibly easy and requires minimal prep time. Simply mix the ingredients together and place them in the slow cooker for a few hours, stirring occasionally.
The result is a crunchy and delicious granola that is perfect for topping yogurt, oatmeal, or enjoying on its own as a snack.
By making granola in the slow cooker, you can ensure that you have a healthy and delicious breakfast option week long.
Plus, you can customize the ingredients to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs.
For example, you can use gluten-free oats or swap out nuts and seeds based on your preferences or allergies.
Not only is slow cooker granola a great way to start your day, but it also makes for a thoughtful and delicious homemade gift.
You can make a large batch and package it in mason jars with a personalized label, making it a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays, or any special occasion.
Overall, making granola in the slow cooker is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a nutritious breakfast or snack.
With minimal effort, you can create a wholesome and customizable granola that is sure to become a household favorite.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup seeds (such as pumpkin, sunflower, or sesame)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or apricots)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and seeds.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Add the dried fruit during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Once the granola is crispy and golden brown, turn off the slow cooker and let the granola cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy your homemade granola in the slow cooker for a nutritious and delicious breakfast or snack!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Granola in the Slow Cooker
Source: Slow Cooking Perfected
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊