Korean Comfort in a Bowl: Gyeran Jjim Done Right
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Get Your Egg Fix with Gyeran Jjim: A Traditional Korean Treat
Gyeran Jjim, also known as Korean Steamed Eggs, is a beloved dish in Korean cuisine.
It's a simple yet satisfying dish made with eggs, broth, and seasonings that are whisked together and steamed to create a fluffy and savory custard-like texture.
Gyeran Jjim is a versatile dish that can be eaten any time of day, whether as a breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
One of the reasons why Gyeran Jjim is so popular in Korea is because of its simplicity. With just a few ingredients, it's easy to make and can be customized to your liking.
The traditional version of Gyeran Jjim includes chicken broth, scallions, garlic, and soy sauce, but there are many variations of this dish that include additional ingredients such as vegetables, seafood, and meat.
Another reason why Gyeran Jjim is so popular is because of its health benefits.
Eggs are an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, and they're a great way to start your day or to refuel after a workout.
Gyeran Jjim is a low-carb and low-calorie dish that's perfect for those who are watching their weight or trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Overall, Gyeran Jjim is a delicious and comforting dish that's easy to make and customizable to your liking.
Whether you're a fan of traditional Korean cuisine or looking to try something new, Gyeran Jjim is a must-try dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk them until they are well beaten and the yolks and whites are completely combined.
- Add the water, milk, salt, sugar, and black pepper to the bowl, and whisk everything together until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the sliced green onion.
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof dish or a small saucepan. A 6-inch (15 cm) diameter dish or saucepan is ideal.
- Cover the dish or saucepan with a lid or a sheet of foil.
- Bring some water to a boil in a steamer or a large pot with a steamer basket.
- Place the dish or saucepan in the steamer basket, and steam the eggs over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Remove the dish or saucepan from the steamer, and drizzle the sesame oil over the top of the eggs.
- Serve the Gyeran Jjim hot, garnished with additional sliced green onion, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Korean Steamed Eggs!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Gyeran Jjim
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊