Enjoy this Delicacy: A Classic Chocolate Pie Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Chocolate Pie Delight: A Rich and Creamy Dessert Perfect for Any Occasion
This Chocolate Pie recipe is a timeless and beloved dessert that is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it.
With a delicate, flaky crust made from scratch with butter and flour, this pie is the epitome of comfort food. But the real star of the show is the rich and indulgent chocolate filling that perfectly complements the buttery crust.
One of the best things about this Chocolate Pie is that you can prepare it in advance, which makes it an excellent dessert option for entertaining.
Once you have baked the crust, all you need to do is fill it with the chocolate mixture and then let it set in the fridge until it's ready to be served.
This means that you can focus on other aspects of your party or gathering, without having to worry about preparing dessert at the last minute.
While the filling is similar to a chocolate silk pie, it has a lighter and silkier texture that is perfect for those who prefer a milder chocolate flavor.
Despite its lightness, the filling is still rich and satisfying, making it an ideal dessert for any occasion, whether it's a casual family dinner or a fancy dinner party.
A Classic Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Trim and crimp the edges as desired.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture is well-combined.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly until it thickens and begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, whisking constantly, for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and vanilla extract until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving.
Source: Preppy Kitchen
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊