Easy Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Delicious! Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Shrimp and Grits is a quintessential Southern dish that combines the hearty comfort of creamy grits with the savory goodness of seasoned shrimp.
This delightful and comforting recipe has found its way into kitchens across the United States and beyond, earning a well-deserved reputation as a flavorful and satisfying meal.
In this guide, we'll explore an easy-to-follow Shrimp and Grits recipe that brings the taste of the South to your table with minimal effort.
At its core, Shrimp and Grits is a simple yet elegant dish, making it an ideal choice for a quick weeknight dinner or a special weekend brunch.
The recipe consists of three main components: the shrimp, the grits, and the flavorful sauce that ties it all together.
We'll walk you through each step, from preparing perfectly seasoned shrimp to creating creamy, dreamy grits that melt in your mouth.
What sets this recipe apart is the versatility it offers. You can customize it to your taste, experimenting with various spices and seasonings to achieve the ideal balance of flavors.
The rich, savory sauce, often infused with garlic, bacon, and a hint of spice, complements the tender shrimp and creamy grits to perfection.
Whether you're a seafood enthusiast or simply looking to diversify your culinary repertoire, this Shrimp and Grits recipe is a fantastic introduction to a beloved Southern classic.
So, whether you're a seasoned home cook or just beginning your culinary journey, this easy Shrimp and Grits recipe is bound to become a favorite in your kitchen.
Get ready to savor the delightful marriage of flavors and textures that this dish offers, and share it with your loved ones for a heartwarming and satisfying dining experience.
For the Grits:
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Prepare the Grits:
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Gradually whisk in the grits while stirring to avoid lumps.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the grits simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20-25 minutes or until they have thickened and become creamy.
- Stir in the milk, butter, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the grits are smooth and creamy. Keep warm.
- Prepare the Shrimp:
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until it becomes crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil, and then add the chopped onion and red bell pepper. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until they become tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the cooked shrimp and set them aside.
- Prepare the Sauce:
- Pour the chicken or vegetable broth into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the heavy cream, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cooked bacon. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 3-4 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon a generous portion of creamy grits onto each plate.
- Top with the cooked shrimp.
- Drizzle the sauce over the shrimp and grits.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges for a fresh squeeze of citrus.
Enjoy your homemade Shrimp and Grits!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Shrimp Recipe
Source: Preppy Kitchen
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest!