Spinach and Lentil Delight: Daal Palak Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
A Healthy Twist to Classic Daal: Try our Daal Palak Recipe
Daal Palak is a classic North Indian dish that combines the goodness of lentils with the nutrition of spinach.
This flavorful and healthy recipe is a staple in many households in India, and has gained popularity worldwide due to its simplicity and delicious taste.
Daal Palak is made by cooking lentils (usually split yellow or red lentils) with spinach, along with a variety of spices and aromatics.
The combination of lentils and spinach not only creates a unique flavor profile but also provides a nutritious meal that's rich in protein, fiber, and vitamins.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. You can adjust the spices and seasoning according to your taste and preference, making it a perfect dish for everyone.
Additionally, Daal Palak can be enjoyed with a variety of bread like roti, naan or rice, making it a filling and satisfying meal.
Daal Palak is also a great choice for anyone who is looking for a vegetarian or vegan option that's packed with nutrition.
Lentils are an excellent source of plant-based protein, and spinach is loaded with vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and vitamins A and C.
Overall, Daal Palak is a healthy, flavorful, and versatile dish that's perfect for any occasion.
It's an excellent choice for anyone who is looking for a simple yet satisfying meal that's packed with nutrition.
So, give it a try and enjoy the delicious taste of lentils and spinach in this classic North Indian dish.
- 1 cup split yellow or red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Optional: fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large pot, add the lentils and water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Skim off any foam that forms on the top.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are soft and cooked.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until it's translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and green chili and sauté for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Add the spinach mixture to the lentils and mix well. Let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with fresh cilantro leaves for garnish.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Daal Palak!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Daal Palak
Source: Rajshri Food