Middle Eastern Magic: Sizzling Chicken Shawarma
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Flavor Explosion: Juicy Chicken Shawarma Packed with Spices
Chicken shawarma is a popular Middle Eastern dish that is made by marinating chicken in a blend of spices, slicing it thinly, and then grilling it to perfection.
It is typically served in a wrap with a variety of vegetables and sauces, making it a tasty and filling meal.
To make chicken shawarma, start by marinating boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a blend of spices such as cumin, coriander, paprika, and turmeric.
The chicken should marinate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat. Once the chicken is marinated, it can be grilled on a skewer or cooked on a stovetop griddle.
To assemble the wrap, start with a warm pita bread or flatbread. Layer the chicken on top of the bread and add a variety of vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and onion.
Top it off with a drizzle of yogurt sauce, hummus, or tahini for a creamy and flavorful finish.
Chicken shawarma is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your preferences.
You can adjust the spice level to make it as mild or as spicy as you like, and you can add different vegetables or sauces to create a unique flavor profile.
It's also a great meal prep option, as the chicken can be cooked ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer for a quick and easy meal.
In conclusion, chicken shawarma is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
The flavorful spices and juicy chicken make it a crowd-pleaser, and the customizable toppings allow you to create a wrap that suits your taste preferences.
Whether you're a fan of Middle Eastern cuisine or simply looking for a new and exciting meal to try, chicken shawarma is sure to impress.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pita bread or flatbread, for serving
- Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, etc.)
- Yogurt sauce, hummus, or tahini, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to coat evenly in the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken thighs onto skewers and grill for 6-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through and charred in spots.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and thinly slice it.
- Serve the chicken on warm pita bread or flatbread with your desired toppings and sauces. Enjoy!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Chicken Shawarma
Source: Recipes of the world
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊