Korean Comfort Food: Galbi Jjim Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Fall-Off-The-Bone Delicious: Galbi Jjim Recipe
Galbi Jjim is a traditional Korean dish that features succulent, braised short ribs cooked in a flavorful sauce.
This dish has been a staple in Korean cuisine for centuries and has become increasingly popular around the world due to its unique taste and comforting texture.
The name "Galbi Jjim" comes from the Korean words "galbi," which means "ribs," and "jjim," which means "stew."
This dish is typically made by marinating the short ribs in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, and other spices, and then braising them in a pot with vegetables such as carrots, onions, and potatoes.
Galbi Jjim is a dish that is often served during special occasions such as holidays, weddings, and other important celebrations.
It is a dish that is meant to be shared with family and friends, as it is often served in large portions and is best enjoyed in a communal setting.
One of the reasons why Galbi Jjim has become so popular around the world is because of its unique combination of flavors.
The dish is both savory and sweet, with a rich umami flavor that is enhanced by the braising process.
The short ribs become incredibly tender and fall off the bone, making each bite a delight for the senses.
In addition to its delicious taste, Galbi Jjim is also a relatively easy dish to make at home, making it a popular choice for home cooks looking to experiment with Korean cuisine.
With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, anyone can create this traditional Korean dish and enjoy its comforting and delicious flavors.
- 2 lbs beef short ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Soak the beef short ribs in cold water for 30 minutes to remove any excess blood.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, minced garlic, and minced ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the beef short ribs and brown on all sides.
- Add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and black pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 1 hour, or until the beef is tender and falls off the bone.
- Add the sliced carrots and potatoes to the pot and simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot with rice.
Enjoy your delicious Galbi Jjim!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Galbi Jjim Recipe
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊