Get Your Mexican Breakfast Fix with This Easy Chilaquiles Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Wake Up Your Taste Buds with These Mouthwatering Chilaquiles
Chilaquiles is a classic Mexican dish that is enjoyed for breakfast or brunch.
This flavorful and satisfying dish is made with crispy tortilla chips that are tossed in a spicy tomato-based sauce and topped with a variety of toppings such as eggs, cheese, avocado, and cilantro.
Chilaquiles is a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking. The base of the dish is the tortilla chips, which can be either store-bought or homemade.
The sauce is typically made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chili peppers, and can be adjusted to your preferred level of spiciness.
You can also add chicken, beef, or chorizo for extra protein, or black beans and corn for a vegetarian version.
One of the great things about chilaquiles is that it is a great way to use up leftover tortilla chips or stale tortillas.
Simply fry them up until crispy and then toss them in the sauce. The sauce is made by blending together ingredients such as canned tomatoes, chili peppers, and spices, and then simmering it on the stove until it thickens.
Once the tortilla chips are coated in the sauce, you can add your desired toppings.
Popular toppings include fried eggs, crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese, diced avocado, sliced jalapenos, and chopped cilantro.
The end result is a colorful and flavorful dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch or a weekday breakfast.
Overall, chilaquiles is a delicious and comforting dish that is beloved by many in Mexico and beyond.
With its crispy tortilla chips, spicy sauce, and a variety of toppings, it is a dish that is sure to please. Give it a try and see why it has become a staple breakfast dish in Mexican cuisine.
- 12 oz tortilla chips
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a blender, puree the diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and serrano peppers until smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and broth to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the tortilla chips to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Crack the eggs over the top of the chips and sauce. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle the crumbled cheese and chopped cilantro over the top.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious chilaquiles for breakfast or brunch!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Chilaquiles Recipe
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊