Esquites: The Mexican Street Corn You Need in Your Life
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Take a Trip to Mexico with This Authentic Esquites Recipe
Esquites, also known as Mexican street corn, is a delicious and flavorful dish that originates from the street vendors of Mexico.
It is made from fresh corn kernels that have been cooked with various herbs, spices, and seasonings, and is typically served as a street food snack or side dish.
The traditional way to prepare Esquites is to boil fresh corn kernels until they are tender, and then mix them with a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chili powder, lime juice, and cilantro.
The resulting dish is creamy, tangy, and bursting with flavor, making it a favorite of both locals and visitors alike.
Esquites can be served in many different ways, depending on the region and the preferences of the cook.
Some people prefer to serve it in a cup, topped with additional cheese, chili powder, and lime juice.
Others serve it as a topping for tacos or tostadas, or even as a filling for quesadillas.
One of the best things about Esquites is that it is incredibly versatile and easy to customize.
You can add additional toppings like diced tomatoes, avocado, or jalapenos, or adjust the seasoning to make it spicier or milder.
You can also use canned corn if fresh corn is not available, making it a year-round dish that you can enjoy any time.
Overall, Esquites is a delicious and satisfying dish that is loved by people all over the world.
Whether you are a fan of Mexican cuisine or just looking for a flavorful new side dish to add to your repertoire, Esquites is a must-try recipe that is sure to impress your taste buds.
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/4 cup of crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shuck the ears of corn and remove the kernels using a sharp knife. Set the kernels aside in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking, prepare the seasoning mixture. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chili powder, cotija cheese, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Once the corn is cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the seasoning mixture to the skillet with the corn and stir until the corn is evenly coated.
- Transfer the esquites to a serving bowl and garnish with additional cotija cheese and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious homemade esquites!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Esquites
Source: Rosvi Hernández
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest! 😊