A Thai Culinary Adventure - Basil Chicken Recipe
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog about Cooking. We hope you are very well and looking forward to the new Free Information or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
Elevate Your Taste Buds with this Exquisite Chicken Recipe
Get ready to embark on a tantalizing journey to Thailand with the aromatic and flavorful Thai Basil Chicken.
This beloved Thai dish, also known as "Pad Krapow Gai," showcases the vibrant and harmonious flavors that Thai cuisine is famous for.
Thai Basil Chicken is a delightful combination of tender chicken, fresh herbs, aromatic spices, and the star ingredient: holy basil.
Thai Basil Chicken is a popular street food in Thailand and has gained international recognition for its bold and aromatic taste.
It is a quick and easy stir-fry dish that can be whipped up in no time, making it a perfect choice for busy weeknights or whenever you crave a burst of Thai flavors.
The heart of this dish lies in the combination of succulent chicken, fragrant holy basil, and a medley of spices and sauces.
The chicken is stir-fried until it is perfectly cooked and then infused with the irresistible aroma of holy basil.
This basil variety adds a unique flavor that is slightly peppery, with hints of anise and mint, giving the dish its distinct Thai essence.
The sauce used in Thai Basil Chicken is a harmonious blend of savory, sweet, and tangy flavors. It typically includes ingredients such as soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, garlic, and chili peppers.
This combination creates a balance of umami, sweetness, and a touch of heat that tantalizes the taste buds and keeps you craving more.
Thai Basil Chicken is often served with jasmine rice, which perfectly complements the robust flavors of the dish.
The fragrance of the jasmine rice pairs beautifully with the aromatic basil-infused chicken, creating a satisfying and comforting meal.
What makes Thai Basil Chicken even more enticing is its versatility.
You can easily customize the dish by adding additional vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms, to enhance both the flavors and visual appeal.
The result is a colorful and vibrant stir-fry bursting with freshness and texture.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, finely chopped (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh Thai holy basil leaves (or regular basil leaves as a substitute)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped chili peppers to the hot oil and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken to the skillet and stir-fry until it is cooked through and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the skillet with the cooked chicken. Stir-fry for another minute to coat the chicken evenly.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the fresh basil leaves. Toss gently until the basil leaves wilt from the residual heat.
- Taste the dish and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the Thai Basil Chicken to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves (if desired) for added freshness.
- Serve the Thai Basil Chicken hot over steamed jasmine rice.
Thai Basil Chicken is best enjoyed when the flavors are fresh and vibrant.
The aromatic blend of garlic, chili peppers, and basil combined with the savory and slightly sweet sauce creates a truly satisfying and mouthwatering dish.
Remember to adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or fewer chili peppers according to your preference.
Enjoy the delightful flavors of Thai cuisine right in the comfort of your own home!
Enjoy this easy video tutorial about Chicken Basil Recipe
Source: Mark Wiens
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Cooking Board on Pinterest!